8.14.2009

Montreal in Pictures

Lots of words could be written about my magical weekend in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I've always been fascinated with Canadian culture, now even more once I met their French factions in this world-class city. Instead of a lengthy essay on the slight differences in everything from crosswalks to convenience stores, I'll school you with pics. (and if you notice, I've now added my Flickr photostream to the right column -- access to every single photo taken).



Notre Dame Basilica




Olympic Park and Stadium (AC/DC was appearing that night)




Like a left-over set from Logan's Run






The Jadim Botanical de Montreal was as big as Central Park. Amazing, truly.





Poutine in 30 varieties at the 24 Hour haunt La Banquise.






Dinner at Au Pied de Cochon. Foot of the Pig. I had too much Foie Gras here. Full review coming soon.





Took the Montreal bagel challenge. I'm going with St. Viateur for the win. The myth that these are better than in NYC is truth.




The Schwartz's smoked-meat sandwich -- worth a wait out the door.






Everybody's got a terrace. Curious to know what goes on in the winter.





Vieux Montreal. Nice, but tourist trap.



If only Columbus had half as much public art as this city? If only.

I'm headed back as soon as possible. It was that good.

No comments: