4.07.2009

Hopeful Loss for Reds (With Darnell McDonald)



Yes. The Cincinnati Reds lost on Opening Day. I actually am somewhat thrilled it wasn't the bloodbath that could've taken place had Aaron Harang fallen to pieces. The offense was as expected against Johan Santana, but bullpen exceeded expectations. At a time when enthusiasm for your favorite team is at a fever pitch (pun) I'm surprising myself by not diving into an early funk with the 0-1 start. But there's 161 games left. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I know. I know. But Darnell McDonald starting in centerfield (the guy's played 11 seasons and never been on an Opening Day roster until now) could be indicative of the many highs and low and constant mediocrity Reds fans have suffered through for a very long time. Here's hoping Volquez can shut them down tonight.

No comments: